- Information Collection and Use
Common Areas is determined to protect your privacy, and takes reasonable steps to this end, such as requiring a password at login. No Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communication is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send us. You, the user, are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your login information.
When you create or reconfigure a Common Areas account, or when you access, login, or visit the Service, you provide some personal information that particularly identifies you. (“Personally Identifiable Information”). This includes your name, username, password, and e-mail address that are required when you sign up for the Sites. You may also register using other information, such as your gender, telephone number(s), address, business name, business type, business role, fax number, and website address. You may provide this information directly to us when you register for an account on our Site. Your name, profile pictures, location and action item pictures, gender, company(s), username, and name are public.
User Generated Content
You may also choose to post content, including service provider comments and ratings, photographs, information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a contact, add an action item, add a location, add a checklist, etc. (“User Generated Content”) by submitting the same through the Services, and may be shared with others. However, you do not have to provide this information to us.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information and User Generated Content
The Personally Identifiable Information and the User Generated Content you provide is used to the extent we have a lawful basis for doing so, including our “legitimate interest,” contractual necessity, and consent.
The legitimate interests of us include the purposes of:
- Providing the Service’s functionality, improving our services, personalizing the Services, and fulfilling your requests;
- Research and analysis, including tracking usage of the Services, providing feedback to third parties that are on the Services, and researching the effectiveness of our Services;
- Sales and marketing, including displaying relevant advertising, marketing the Service, and communicating with you about specials and new features;
- Providing customer support, troubleshooting, and responding to your customer service inquiries;
- Administration, including backing up our systems, allowing for disaster recovery, enhancing the security of our Services, preventing misuse of our Services and to comply with legal obligations.
We collect information passively using servers that automatically record information created by your use of the Services. This information may include:
- Your IP address
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as device type, browser type, your mobile carrier, operating system, application identifier, installed application version, and/or last access time)
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.)
- The unique identification number of your mobile device
- The geographic location of your (mobile) device (specific geographic location if you’ve enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically)
- The referring domain, pages visited and order in which those pages were visited
- The amount of time spent on particular screens, and the dates and times of your requests
- A detailed log of the time and dates of your use of the Services, any information added during your use of the Services, any information downloaded during your use of the Services, and the steps taken in the use of the Services
- Search terms
Other actions, such as interactions with our Services and advertisements, may also be collected. We may use this information to determine the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our Services, or use various functions of our Services to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Services, and to conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personally Identifiable Information, the User Generated Content, and other information provided to us. Such research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may use a third-party service to collect this information, including Google Analytics, and our use of the information is within the limits imposed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
Pixel Tags: We may embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed.) We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services.
Mobile Device IDs: We may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of or in addition to cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our Services. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Do Not Track Signals: Do Not Track or “DNT” is a feature enabled on some browsers that sends a signal to request that a web application disable its tracking or cross-site user tracking. At present, our Site does not respond to or alter its practices when a DNT signal is received.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
Common Areas may share or disclose certain Personally Identifiable Information and User Generated Content with your consent. You may request that Common Areas not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. You may do so either at the time you register or by contacting us by writing to us at the address listed below.
Controlling what is shared when you share with others
When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public. Just like when you share information by email or elsewhere on the web, information you share on the Site can be re-shared. This means that if you share something on Common Areas, anyone who can see it can share it with others.
Purchase or Sale of Businesses: From time to time we may purchase a business or one or more of our businesses may be sold, and your personally identifiable information may be transferred as a part of the purchase or sale.
Sharing of Posted Content: Pursuant to the Terms of Service you have granted us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty free, worldwide license to use your voluntarily submitted User Generated Content on the Site, provided that such use does not include your personal or company name without your written consent. If you do not want certain information shared with others, you should not submit User Generated Content.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information with affiliates, agents and business partners of Common Areas. We may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Controlling your Personally Identifiable Information
To keep your Personally Identifiable Information accurate, current and complete, we provide you with tools to access or modify such information you provided to us and associated with your account.
- Deactivation of Account
- Data Retention
We retain Personally Identifiable Information about you for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, whether or not you have an account with us, if doing so is necessary for our legitimate purposes. After we deactivate your account, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally. Because of the collaborative nature of our Services, we will not be able to delete any User Generated Content that is posted publicly. We may be able to anonymize your information such that you will no longer be reasonably identifiable.
- Marketing Communications and Sharing Preferences
If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you can click the “unsubscribe” button on the promotional e-mail; communications, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Opt-Out.” You will not be able to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, password reminders, changes or updates to features of the Services, or technical and security notices.
If you have agreed to receive communications from us or to permit us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties, you may request that, in the future, we not send you communications or share your Personally Identifiable Information.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Our Policy Towards Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act imposes certain requirements on websites directed at children under 13 that collect information on those children, and on websites that knowingly collect information on children under 13. Our Services are not directed at children under 13 and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, you should not register to become a member or provide any personal information through this Site. If you have reason to believe that a child under 13 has provided personal information to Common Areas through the Services, please contact us at (email@example.com), and we will endeavor to delete that information.
- Your Privacy Rights
Notice to California Residents: A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
Notice to European Union “EU” Residents: If you are located in the EU, the United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, and use or access the Services, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personally Identifiable Information. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you and request a copy of it. You can also access certain of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personally Identifiable Information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such information. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personally Identifiable Information from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personally Identifiable Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such information), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personally Identifiable Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personally Identifiable Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personally Identifiable Information with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
- Contacting Us
Common Areas, LLC.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
195 South C Street
Tustin, CA 92780
- Notice of Changes
Last updated: January 1, 2019